About Maple Grove Hospital
At Maple Grove Hospital, you're welcomed into an inclusive, nurturing health family that treats customers, as well as one another, with compassion and respect. Empathy and care are at the heart of our culture which is designed to actively support wellbeing and growth. The strength of our team lies in our diversity, and we embrace the unique contributions and experiences of each person. Together, we create a healing environment that empowers customers to achieve their best health.
About this position
The Retail Associate provides excellent customer service and retail support to the Maple Grove Hospital gift shop. Actively and consistently demonstrates the mission, vision, values and guiding principles of Maple Grove Hospital.
What we’ll expect from you
1. Welcomes and assists guests with selections and purchases.
2. Operates computerized point of sale system including accurate entry of sales information, receipt of payment, processing cash and credit transactions, and making corrections.
3. Completes opening and closing procedures according to hospital policy and procedure.
4. Actively maintains gift shop appearance to include keeping merchandise neatly organized and attractively displayed, dust and clean shelves regularly and arrange merchandise to maintain high level of visual presentation.
5. Reconciles daily sales and prepares end of day reports.
6. Maintains supplies and restocks when necessary.
7. Recognizes and complies with legal regulatory, accrediting and procedural requirements related to area of responsibility.
8. Understands and follows principles and standards as outlined in Maple Grove Hospital's Code of Conduct.
9. Protects customer and team member privacy and only accesses customer and/or team member related information as needed to perform job duties.
10. Reports violations or areas of concern to leader or Corporate Compliance Officer via established methods of communication.
Interested? Here are our requirements
• High School diploma or equivalent, or actively pursuing.
• Must be 16 years of age.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• One year in retail with point of sale experience preferred.
• Ability to take initiative, be self-motivated and an independent, accountable, dependable performer.
• Demonstrated ability to interact with customers, families, guests, and all levels of team members.
• Effective planning, organizational and detail-oriented skills.
• Solid PC skills to include MS applications, Internet, etc.
• Demonstrated ability to deal with conflict in a positive manner. Has an awareness of, responds to, and considers the needs, feelings and capabilities of others.
• Strong communication skills with demonstrated ability to express ideas and information (both in written and oral form) clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate to the audience.
• Ability to maintain quality, safety, and infection control standards.
• Ability to be accountable for quality customer service and respond appropriately to a variety of personalities and situations.
• Must be able to read, write and speak effectively in English.
Hours per two week pay period: 32
Shift: Days 4 hours
Weekend Requirement: None
Work Group: Maple Grove
Call Requirement: None
Remote or On-site: On-site
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt