About this position
The Patient Flow Assistant FBC provides continuous care support to all individuals by performing reception and clerical activities and maintaining care center workflow for staff, physicians, customers, and families. The Patient Flow Assistant participates in the execution of Customer Safety Goals by ensuring customer privacy and accuracy of customer identification, supporting, promoting and maintaining infection prevention practices, improving effectiveness of communication among care providers, and responding to customer alarms by alerting appropriate staff. Actively and consistently demonstrates the mission, vision, values and guiding principles of Maple Grove Hospital.
What we’ll expect from you
1. Conducts intake interviews to accurately register customers for admission within the hospital system.
2. Ensures customers are correctly identified and all appropriate information is recorded by obtaining and verifying customer identification, demographic and insurance information.
3. Assists with customer care by greeting and escorting/transporting customers from triage /labor room.
4. Facilitates the workflow of customer care by prioritizing work.
5. Coordinates communication to effectively support internal and external customers in the delivery of customer care.
6. Communicates pertinent information to the appropriate care team members.
7. Notifies physician, Patient Care Facilitator, RN or other care team member of STAT/now procedures and orders.
8. Maintains customer records by managing order transcription, filing information, ensuring customer identification on all forms, and thinning charts as needed.
9. Maintains and orders unit supplies.
10. Maintains unit order promoting cleanliness and clutter free environment.
11. Maintains compliance with infection prevention practices.
12. Partners with Patient Care Facilitator, RN, physicians, and other care team members to facilitate continuity of customer care.
13. Verifies insurance eligibility using online computer technology.
14. Performs verification of insurance benefits with payors to identify co-pay, deductible and co-insurance amounts.
15. Maintains knowledge regarding the registration process to include insurance benefits, claims, payment procedures, Medicare benefits and requirements, consents for care, confidentiality, physician order information, HIPAA and OSHA regulations.
16. Maintains registration process manually during technology system interruptions or power outages.
17. Runs reports and initiates corrective action as necessary to ensure accuracy and completeness of customer information.
18. Promotes and maintains a safe environment, including infection prevention practices, i.e. hand hygiene accountability of self and others.
19. Responds promptly, effectively and according to care center and hospital procedures to emergency situations.
20. Recognizes and complies with legal and procedural requirements related to area of responsibility.
21. Protects customer/team member privacy and only accesses customer/team member related information as needed to perform job duties.
22. Reports areas of concern or potential violations to manager or other members of hospital leadership via established methods of communication.
23. Contributes to the financial effectiveness of the hospital by working within defined budget parameters, following cost containment guidelines and providing feedback with regard to the budget process.
Interested? Here are our requirements
• High school diploma or equivalent.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• 1+ years' health unit coordinator, scheduling or registration experience in a hospital, clinic, or physician's office preferred.
• Ability to take initiative, be self-motivated and an independent, accountable, dependable performer.
• Effective planning, organizational and detail-oriented skills.
• Solid PC skills to include MS applications, Internet, etc.
• Strong communication skills with demonstrated ability to express ideas and information (both in written and oral form), clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate to the audience.
• Demonstrated ability to deal with conflict in a positive manner. Has an awareness of, responds to, and considers the needs, feelings and capabilities of others.
• Ability to be accountable for quality customer service and respond appropriately to a variety of personalities and situations.
• Ability to maintain quality, safety, and infection control standards.
• Must be able to read, write and speak effectively in English.
• Recognizes and complies with legal regulatory, accrediting and procedural requirements related to area of responsibility.
• Understands and follows principles and standards as outlined in Maple Grove Hospital's Code of Conduct.
• Protects customer and team member privacy and only accesses customer and/or team member related information as needed to perform job duties.
• Reports violations or areas of concern to leader or Corporate Compliance Officer via established methods of communication. • Ability to interpret cardiac telemetry rhythms and manage the electronic monitoring system.
Hours per two week pay period: 48
Shift: Nights 12 hours
Weekend Requirement: Every 3rd Weekend
Work Group: Maple Grove
Call Requirement: Occasional Call