About Maple Grove Hospital
At Maple Grove Hospital, you're welcomed into an inclusive, nurturing health family that treats customers, as well as one another, with compassion and respect. Empathy and care are at the heart of our culture which is designed to actively support wellbeing and growth. The strength of our team lies in our diversity, and we embrace the unique contributions and experiences of each person. Together, we create a healing environment that empowers customers to achieve their best health.
About this position
The Materials Aide is responsible for materials and equipment throughout the hospital. Actively and consistently demonstrates the mission, vision, values and guiding principles of Maple Grove Hospital.
What we’ll expect from you
1. Verifies requests and replenishes PAR inventory levels in nursing PAR areas ensuring appropriate levels are maintained for daily operations.
2. Prepares chargeable supplies for dispensing and distribution.
3. Accepts and fills supply requests via Lawson handhelds; restocks disposable products, trays and supplies as needed.
4. Delivers PAR supplies according to priority.
5. Maintains assigned PAR areas according to bin locations.
6. Prepares mobile medical equipment for relief shift use including pumps and IV poles in the absence of the contractor.
7. Verifies product expiration dates and rotates products to prevent outdating; checks package integrity and removes or replaces damaged or expired items.
8. Transports equipment and materials as needed.
9. Restocking and updating product by their expiration dates for all crash carts (Neonatal, Breslow and Adult).
10. Recognizes and complies with legal regulatory, accrediting and procedural requirements related to area of responsibility.
11. Understands and follows principles and standards as outlined in Maple Grove Hospital’s Code of Conduct.
12. Protects customer and team member privacy and only accesses customer and/or team member related information as needed to perform job duties.
13. Reports violations or areas of concern to leader or Corporate Compliance Officer via established methods of communication.
Interested? Here are our requirements
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Experience in inventory control or related experience preferred.
• High level of customer service and communication skills to provide customer comfort and satisfaction.
• Strong communication skills with demonstrated ability to express ideas and information (both in written and oral form), clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate to the audience.
• Demonstrated ability to deal with conflict in a positive manner. Has an awareness of, responds to, and considers the needs, feelings and capabilities of others.
• Ability to be accountable for quality customer service and respond appropriately to a variety of personalities and situations.
• Ability to maintain quality, safety, and infection control standards.
• Must be able to read, write and speak effectively in English.
Hours per two week pay period: 80
Shift: Day/Evening 8 hours
Weekend Requirement: Every 3rd Weekend
Work Group: Maple Grove
Call Requirement: None
Remote or On-site: On-site
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt