About Maple Grove Hospital
At Maple Grove Hospital, you're welcomed into an inclusive, nurturing health family that treats customers, as well as one another, with compassion and respect. Empathy and care are at the heart of our culture which is designed to actively support wellbeing and growth. The strength of our team lies in our diversity, and we embrace the unique contributions and experiences of each person. Together, we create a healing environment that empowers customers to achieve their best health.
About this position
The Sonographer uses sound (sonic) waves to capture images of internal organs and tissues for the diagnosis and treatment of medical problems. The Sonographer utilizes specialized equipment to take readings of the appropriate areas and angles as requested by the physician. Actively and consistently demonstrates the mission, vision, values and guiding principles of Maple Grove Hospital.
What we’ll expect from you
1. Ensures that the diagnostic equipment is properly set up; that proper medical and non-medical supplies are stocked in the examination room; that the examination room is clean and orderly.
2. Evaluates the request for proper examination and validates customer identity against examination orders.
3. Informs the customer on proper examination attire and obtains customer history from customer and/or appropriate family member or guardian.
4. Informs customer of the steps of the examination and responds to questions and concerns.
5. Ensures proper settings are chosen for exam; including positioning and that the customer is properly prepped; appropriate labeling and measurements included as deemed necessary; follows proper protocols.
6. Verifies that the image(s) are matched to the appropriate exam and sent to PACS.
7. Continues to educate by keeping abreast of changes in practice, technology, etc. and keeping up with policy changes.
8. Maintains competency in caring for customers of all age groups and developmental stages, and maintains competency as specifically indicated by orientation guidelines for a particular unit.
9. Recognizes and complies with legal regulatory, accrediting and procedural requirements related to area of responsibility.
10. Understands and follows principles and standards as outlined in Maple Grove Hospital's Code of Conduct.
11. Protects customer and team member privacy and only accesses customer and/or team member related information as needed to perform job duties.
12. Reports violations or areas of concern to leader or Corporate Compliance Officer via established methods of communication.
Interested? Here are our requirements
• High School graduate or equivalent required.
• Must have graduated from an accredited Sonography program.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• One+ years prior sonography experience preferred.
• Ability to take initiative, be self-motivated and an independent, accountable, dependable performer.
• Demonstrated ability to interact with customers, families, guests, and all levels of team members.
• Effective planning, organizational and detail-oriented skills.
• Demonstrated ability to deal with conflict in a positive manner. Has an awareness of, responds to, and considers the needs, feelings and capabilities of others.
• Strong communication skills with demonstrated ability to express ideas and information clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate to the audience.
• Ability to maintain quality, safety, and infection control standards.
• Ability to be accountable for quality customer service and respond appropriately to a variety of personalities and situations.
• Solid PC skills to include MS applications, Internet, etc.
• Must be able to read, write and speak effectively in English.
• Current ARDMS certification required.
• BLS certification required.
Licensure/Certification(s) Mandatory where Applicable
Hours per two week pay period:
Shift: Day/Evening/Night 8 & 12 hours
Weekend Requirement: None
Work Group: Maple Grove
Call Requirement: Occasional Call
Remote or On-site: On-site
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt