About Maple Grove Hospital
At Maple Grove Hospital, you're welcomed into an inclusive, nurturing health family that treats customers, as well as one another, with compassion and respect. Empathy and care are at the heart of our culture which is designed to actively support wellbeing and growth. The strength of our team lies in our diversity, and we embrace the unique contributions and experiences of each person. Together, we create a healing environment that empowers customers to achieve their best health.
About this position
The Radiology Technologist performs X-rays requested by physicians to help diagnose a variety of medical issues. Must be able to closely follow physicians' instructions, prepare radiograph equipment, position customers correctly, and accurately capture the requested diagnostic images. Actively and consistently demonstrates the mission, vision, values and guiding principles of Maple Grove Hospital.
What we’ll expect from you
1. Ensures that the diagnostic equipment is properly set up; that proper medical and non-medical supplies are stocked in the examination room; that the examination room is clean and orderly, and that the proper cassettes are available.
2. Evaluates the request for proper examination and verify customer identity examination orders and ensure proper customer identification on all images.
3. Informs the customer on proper examination attire and obtains customer history from customer and/or appropriate family member or guardian.
4. Informs customer of the steps of the examination and responds to questions and concerns; ensures safety and comfort during scan.
5. Position equipment and adjust controls to set exposure time and distance, according to specification of examination.
6. Validates that customer is properly positioned, lead markers are placed correctly, and proper shielding is in place.
7. Reviews and evaluates that the image is exposed properly, the proper view is evaluated, and that the image is marked properly; forwards the image for interpretation.
8. Verifies that the image(s) are matched to the appropriate exam and sent to PACS.
9. Use radiation safety measures and protection devices to comply with government regulations and to ensure the safety of customers and staff.
10. Continues to educate by keeping abreast of changes in practice, technology, etc. and keeping up with policy changes.
11. Maintains competency in caring for customers of all age groups and developmental stages, and maintains competency as specifically indicated by orientation guidelines for a particular unit.
12. Recognizes and complies with legal regulatory, accrediting and procedural requirements related to area of responsibility.
13. Understands and follows principles and standards as outlined in Maple Grove Hospital's Code of Conduct.
14. Protects customer and team member privacy and only accesses customer and/or team member related information as needed to perform job duties.
15. Reports violations or areas of concern to leader or Corporate Compliance Officer via established methods of communication.
Interested? Here are our requirements
• Must have graduated from an accredited radiology technology school
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• A minimum of one year experience as a Radiologic Technologist in a hospital setting is preferred.
• Willing to consider new graduate of an accredited program in Radiologic Technology.
o Must provide 2 letters of recommendation. One letter from a clinical instructor and one letter from a clinical coordinator.
o Provide transcripts confirming a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
o Casual Part time positions will not be considered under these criteria.
• Ability to maintain quality, safety, and infection control standards.
• Ability to take initiative, be self-motivated and an independent, accountable, dependable performer.
• Demonstrated ability to interact with customers, families, guests, and all levels of team members.
• Ability to be accountable for quality customer service and respond appropriately to a variety of personalities and situations.
• Strong communication skills with demonstrated ability to express ideas and information clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate to the audience.
• Effective planning, organizational and detail-oriented skills.
• Demonstrated ability to deal with conflict in a positive manner. Has an awareness of, responds to, and considers the needs, feelings and capabilities of others.
• Solid PC skills to include MS applications, Internet, etc.
• Must be able to read, write and speak effectively in English.
• Current ARRT certification required.
• BLS certification required.
Licensure/Certification(s) Mandatory where Applicable
Hours per two week pay period: 0
Shift: Day/Evening/Night 8 & 12 hours
Weekend Requirement: None
Work Group: Maple Grove
Call Requirement: Off Premise Call
Remote or On-site: On-site
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt