About Maple Grove Hospital
At Maple Grove Hospital, you're welcomed into an inclusive, nurturing health family that treats customers, as well as one another, with compassion and respect. Empathy and care are at the heart of our culture which is designed to actively support wellbeing and growth. The strength of our team lies in our diversity, and we embrace the unique contributions and experiences of each person. Together, we create a healing environment that empowers customers to achieve their best health.
About this position
The Cook is responsible for preparing quality meals to promote customer and guest satisfaction. Duties include preparing hot and cold food items for customers and retail. The cook handles food operations per department and regulatory standards and follows nutrition requirements for specific customer needs. Actively and consistently demonstrates the mission, vision, values and guiding principles of Maple Grove Hospital.
What we’ll expect from you
1. Reviews menu and assembles food, supplies and equipment for daily preparation.
2. Prepares all food items according to standardized recipes to meet dietary requirements. Measures and combines ingredients according to recipes and utilizes proper measuring devices.
3. Inspects food to ensure freshness of ingredients.
4. Prioritizes workload and follows direction to meet deadlines.
5. Produces exemplary meals by utilizing knowledge and skill of cooking and baking techniques such as cook, bake, grill, fry, braise, sauté, roast and steam using the appropriate utensils and cooking equipment.
6. Uses seasoning ingredients, assures portion control, optimum utilization of food products and reports supply shortages and low stock levels.
7. Maintains all food items at proper temperature and documents on temperature logs.
8. Pre-preps ingredients and meals for the next day as required based on production sheets, menus, recipes, customer menu cycles and or supervisor request.
9. Maintains clean and sanitary work and storage spaces according to department and regulatory standards.
10. Adheres to safety procedures and cleaning and maintenance regarding handling of equipment, utensils, supplies and departmental facilities.
11. Maintains policies and procedures, standards and practice in quality assurance, infection control, safety and food preparation to meet department objectives in high quality, nutritious meals.
12. Actively participates in orientating and training new team members and interns.
13. Follows instructions for proper use of cleaning solutions as stated in the Material Safety Data Sheets.
14. Recognizes and complies with legal regulatory, accrediting and procedural requirements related to area of responsibility.
15. Understands and follows principles and standards as outlined in Maple Grove Hospital's Code of Conduct.
16. Protects customer and team member privacy and only accesses customer and/or team member related information as needed to perform job duties.
17. Reports violations or areas of concern to leader or Corporate Compliance Officer via established methods of communication.
Interested? Here are our requirements
• High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
• Training in quality food preparation or completion of culinary school program preferred.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• 2+ years' experience in grill, sauté, line or exhibition cooking preferred.
• Experience in a healthcare setting preferred.
• Ability to compute calculations needed to convert recipe size; uses appropriate math and measurement for recipe expansion and reduction.
• Strong communication skills with demonstrated ability to express ideas and information (both in written and oral form) clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate to the audience.
• Ability to be accountable for quality customer service and respond appropriately to a variety of personalities and situations.
• Demonstrated ability to deal with conflict in a positive manner. Has an awareness of, responds to, and considers the needs, feelings and capabilities of others.
• Ability to maintain quality, safety, and infection control standards.
• Must be able to read, write and speak effectively in English. • Knowledge of quantity and short order cooking methods, including preparation techniques.
• Culinary mastery of scratch cooking.
• National Restaurant Association ServSafe Certification preferred.
Hours per two week pay period: 16
Shift: Days 8 hours
Weekend Requirement: Every Other Weekend
Work Group: Maple Grove
Call Requirement: Occasional Call
Remote or On-site: On-site
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt