About Maple Grove Hospital
At Maple Grove Hospital, you're welcomed into an inclusive, nurturing health family that treats customers, as well as one another, with compassion and respect. Empathy and care are at the heart of our culture which is designed to actively support wellbeing and growth. The strength of our team lies in our diversity, and we embrace the unique contributions and experiences of each person. Together, we create a healing environment that empowers customers to achieve their best health.
About this position
The Patient Flow Assistant ECC provides continuous care support to all individuals by performing reception and clerical activities and maintaining care center workflow for staff, physicians, customers, and families. The Patient Flow Assistant ECC participates in the execution of Customer Safety Goals by ensuring customer privacy and accuracy of customer identification, improving effectiveness of communication among care providers, and responding to customer alarms by alerting appropriate staff. Actively and consistently demonstrates the mission, vision, values and guiding principles of Maple Grove Hospital.
What we’ll expect from you
1. Assists with customer care by greeting ambulances and escorting/transporting customers from triage.
2. Facilitates the workflow of customer care by prioritizing work.
3. Coordinates communication to effectively support internal and external customers in the delivery of customer care.
4. Communicates pertinent information to the appropriate care team members.
5. Notifies physician, Patient Care Facilitator, RN or other care team member of STAT/now procedures and orders.
6. Maintains customer records by managing order transcription, filing information, ensuring customer identification on all forms, and thinning charts as needed.
7. Maintains and orders unit supplies.
8. Conducts intake interviews to accurately register customers for admission within the hospital system.
9. Ensures customers are correctly identified and all appropriate information is recorded by obtaining and verifying customer identification, demographic and insurance information.
10. Verifies insurance eligibility using online computer technology.
11. Performs verification of insurance benefits with payers to identify co-pay, deductible and co-insurance amounts.
12. Collects appropriate liabilities from customers via credit card, cash or check.
13. Maintains knowledge regarding the registration process to include insurance benefits, claims, payment procedures, Medicare benefits and requirements, consents for care, confidentiality, physician order information, HIPAA and OSHA regulations.
14. Maintains registration process manually during technology system interruptions or power outages.
15. Runs reports and initiates corrective action as necessary to ensure accuracy and completeness of customer information.
16. Ensures and protects customer privacy by accessing or retrieving customer information as needed to perform the essential duties of the position.
17. Partners with Patient Care Facilitator, RN, physicians, and other care team members to facilitate continuity of customer care.
18. Reviews pending customers in/out in Epic, Discharge/Transfer in Epic.
19. Prepares for customer transfers/discharges including emergent/urgent transfers: copies chart, calls for transportation, etc.
20. Places referrals/consults for the following; physician groups, social services, home health, etc.
21. Places calls for consults including; dietician, chaplain, diabetic educator, interpreters, etc.
22. Follows department policies including; Service Recovery, elopement and holds policy, death and bereavement policy, and Downtime procedures.
23. Responsible for answering call lights and notifying staff when customer needs help.
24. Creates new charts, manages existing charts, and tears down chart for discharged customers.
25. Responsible for directing traffic in Rapid Response/code Blue/Code Pink Updates customer admit/transfer/discharge logs.
26. Retrieves medical records when needed.
27. Enters staff/assignments in the nurse call system (Vocera).
28. Deliver incoming mail to staff mailboxes.
29. Assists customers with wayfinding.
30. Follows communication processes outlined for the department, i.e. whiteboards, MARTTI/CLI, BHP process, fax, phone lists, etc.
31. Manages appropriate work ques for the department.
32. Responsible for knowing EPIC workflow as it relates to the assigned role.
33. Promotes and maintains a safe environment.
34. Responds promptly, effectively and according to care center and hospital procedures to emergency situations.
35. Recognizes and complies with legal regulatory, accrediting and procedural requirements related to area of responsibility.
36. Understands and follows principles and standards as outlined in Maple Grove Hospital's Code of Conduct.
37. Protects customer and team member privacy and only accesses customer and/or team member related information as needed to perform job duties.
38. Reports violations or areas of concern to leader or Corporate Compliance Officer via established methods.
39. Performs registration and/or check in functions in all areas of department when need as directed by supervisor or manager.
Interested? Here are our requirements
• High school diploma or equivalent.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• 1+ years' health unit coordinator, scheduling or registration experience in a hospital, clinic, or physician's office preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to deal with conflict in a positive manner. Has an awareness of, responds to, and considers the needs, feelings and capabilities of others.
• Strong communication skills with demonstrated ability to express ideas and information clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate to the audience.
• Ability to maintain quality, safety, and infection control standards.
• Ability to be accountable for quality customer service and respond appropriately to a variety of personalities and situations.
• Must be able to read, write and speak effectively in English.
• Solid PC skills to include MS applications, Internet, etc.
Hours per two week pay period: 56
Shift: Day/Evening 8 hours
Weekend Requirement: Every 3rd Weekend
Work Group: Maple Grove
Call Requirement: None
Remote or On-site: On-site
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt