A $3,000 sign-on bonus is available for this position. This bonus is paid out in one lump sum, minus any applicable taxes with a two-year commitment to the role. If employment is terminated before the two-year commitment is complete, full repayment of the $3,000 will be required.
About Maple Grove Hospital
At Maple Grove Hospital, you're welcomed into an inclusive, nurturing health family that treats customers, as well as one another, with compassion and respect. Empathy and care are at the heart of our culture which is designed to actively support wellbeing and growth. The strength of our team lies in our diversity, and we embrace the unique contributions and experiences of each person. Together, we create a healing environment that empowers customers to achieve their best health.
About this position
The Patient Flow Assistant provides continuous care support to all individuals by performing reception and clerical activities and maintaining care center workflow for staff, physicians, customers, and families. The Patient Flow Assistant participates in the execution of Customer Safety Goals by ensuring customer privacy and accuracy of customer identification, supporting, promoting and maintaining infection prevention practices, improving effectiveness of communication among care providers, and responding to customer alarms by alerting appropriate staff. Duties may vary based on assignment of customer care units including but not limited to variations in workflow and customer record management. Actively and consistently demonstrates the mission, vision, values and guiding principles of Maple Grove Hospital.
What we’ll expect from you
1. Facilitates the workflow of customer care by prioritizing work.
2. Coordinates communication to effectively support internal and external customers in the delivery of customer care.
3. Communicates pertinent information to the appropriate care team members.
4. Notifies physician, Patient Care Facilitator, RN or other care team member of STAT/now procedures and orders.
5. Maintains customer records by managing order transcription, filing information, ensuring customer identification on all forms, and thinning charts as needed.
6. Maintains and orders unit supplies.
7. Maintains unit order promoting cleanliness and clutter free environment.
8. Maintains compliance with infection prevention practices.
9. Partners with Patient Care Facilitator, RN, physicians, and other care team members to facilitate continuity of customer care.
10. Promotes and maintains a safe environment, including infection prevention practices, i.e. hand hygiene accountability of self and others.
11. Responds promptly, effectively and according to care center and hospital procedures to emergency situations.
12. Recognizes and complies with legal regulatory, accrediting and procedural requirements related to area of responsibility.
13. Understands and follows principles and standards as outlined in Maple Grove Hospital's Code of Conduct.
14. Protects customer and team member privacy and only accesses customer and/or team member related information as needed to perform job duties.
15. Reports violations or areas of concern to leader or Corporate Compliance Officer via established methods of communication.
Interested? Here are our requirements
• High school diploma or equivalent.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• 1+ years' health unit coordinator, scheduling or registration experience in a hospital, clinic, or physician's office preferred.
• Ability to take initiative, be self-motivated and an independent, accountable, dependable performer.
• Effective planning, organizational and detail-oriented skills.
• Solid PC skills to include MS applications, Internet, etc.
• Strong communication skills with demonstrated ability to express ideas and information (both in written and oral form), clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate to the audience.
• Demonstrated ability to deal with conflict in a positive manner. Has an awareness of, responds to, and considers the needs, feelings and capabilities of others.
• Ability to be accountable for quality customer service and respond appropriately to a variety of personalities and situations.
• Ability to maintain quality, safety, and infection control standards.
• Must be able to read, write and speak effectively in English. • Ability to interpret cardiac telemetry rhythms and manage the electronic monitoring system.
Hours per two week pay period: 72
Shift: Day/Evening 12 hours
Weekend Requirement: Every 3rd Weekend
Work Group: Maple Grove
Call Requirement: None
Remote or On-site: On-site
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt