A $15,000 sign-on bonus is available for this position. This bonus is paid out in one lump sum, minus any applicable taxes with a two-year commitment to the role. If employment is terminated before the two-year commitment is complete, full repayment of the $15,000 will be required.
About Maple Grove Hospital
At Maple Grove Hospital, you're welcomed into an inclusive, nurturing health family that treats customers, as well as one another, with compassion and respect. Empathy and care are at the heart of our culture which is designed to actively support wellbeing and growth. The strength of our team lies in our diversity, and we embrace the unique contributions and experiences of each person. Together, we create a healing environment that empowers customers to achieve their best health.
About this position
The Respiratory Therapist is responsible for respiratory therapy duties including oxygen administration, application of ventilators, initiation, assessment of and recommendations for respiratory care services including diagnostic studies under physician supervision. Actively and consistently demonstrates the mission, vision, values and guiding principles of Maple Grove Hospital.
What we’ll expect from you
1. Provides for the administration of airway management, mechanical ventilator applications and management, therapeutic respiratory care services, oxygen and aerosol therapy, certain diagnostic services, and other therapies as outlined in department scope.
2. Provides respiratory equipment ventilator maintenance.
3. Documents all provided customer care activities within electronic medical record, to include applicable charges for services rendered.
4. Recognizes and complies with legal regulatory, accrediting and procedural requirements related to area of responsibility.
5. Understands and follows principles and standards as outlined in Maple Grove Hospital's Code of Conduct.
6. Protects customer and team member privacy and only accesses customer and/or team member related information as needed to perform job duties.
7. Reports violations or areas of concern to leader or Corporate Compliance Officer via established methods of communication.
Interested? Here are our requirements
• Must be NBRC credentialed and/or be a graduate of an approved JRCTE/COARC Respiratory Therapy school program and eligible for RRT status.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Two+ years prior experience as a Respiratory Care Practitioner/Therapist preferred. Level 3 NICU experience preferred.
• Ability to take initiative, be self-motivated and an independent, accountable, dependable performer.
• Effective planning, time management, organizational and detail-oriented skills.
• Solid PC skills to include electronic medical record, MS applications, Internet, etc.
• Strong communication skills with demonstrated ability to express ideas and information (both in written and oral form), clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate to the audience.
• Demonstrated ability to deal with conflict in a positive manner. Has an awareness of, responds to, and considers the needs, feelings and capabilities of others.
• Ability to be accountable for quality customer service and respond appropriately to a variety of personalities and situations.
• Ability to maintain quality, safety, and infection control standards.
• Must be able to read, write and speak effectively in English.
• Current Licensed Respiratory Therapist (RT) issued by the Minnesota Board of Medical Practice. Team member must meet all annual requirements for renewal including mandated CEUs.
• Must be currently certified as a BLS provider.
• Must attain and maintain ACLS, PALS, and NRP provider status within 6 months of employment and NICU CORE team members must acquire STABLE within 6 months of employment of employment.
Hours per two week pay period: 72
Shift: Nights 12 hours
Weekend Requirement: Every 3rd Weekend
Work Group: Maple Grove
Call Requirement: None
Remote or On-site: On-site
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt