A $6,000 sign-on bonus is available for this position. This bonus is paid out in one lump sum, minus any applicable taxes with a two-year commitment to the role. If employment is terminated before the two-year commitment is complete, full repayment of the $6,000 will be required.
About Maple Grove Hospital
At Maple Grove Hospital, you're welcomed into an inclusive, nurturing health family that treats customers, as well as one another, with compassion and respect. Empathy and care are at the heart of our culture which is designed to actively support wellbeing and growth. The strength of our team lies in our diversity, and we embrace the unique contributions and experiences of each person. Together, we create a healing environment that empowers customers to achieve their best health.
About this position
The Surgical Technologist facilitates the safe and effective conduct of invasive surgical procedures. The Surgical Technologist provides assistance and support to the surgeon and operative team to ensure a safe environment, properly functioning equipment, adherence to surgical concepts and infection control principles for the customer who may include neonates, infants, children, adolescents, adults and older adults. Actively and consistently demonstrates the mission, vision, values and guiding principles of Maple Grove Hospital.
What we’ll expect from you
1. Assists the surgeon during operative procedures with other duties within scope of practice, such as holding retractors, cutting suture material as directed by surgeon, connecting drains to suction apparatus, and applying dressing.
2. Creates a safe customer environment by implementing surgical asepsis, sterile technique, surgical conscience, universal precautions, and all customer safety procedures.
3. Cares for instrument and equipment before, during and after surgery to ensure proper functioning of the instruments and equipment for future use.
4. Participates in Quality Improvement activities to ensure exceptional care for surgical services customers and families.
5. Recognizes emergency situations and responds promptly and effectively.
6. Collaborates with other health care providers to ensure optimal outcomes for customers.
7. Evaluates one's own practice in relation to professional standards of practice and relevant statues and regulations.
8. Recognizes and complies with legal regulatory, accrediting and procedural requirements related to area of responsibility.
9. Understands and follows principles and standards as outlined in Maple Grove Hospital's Code of Conduct.
10. Protects customer and team member privacy and only accesses customer and/or team member related information as needed to perform job duties.
11. Reports violations or areas of concern to leader or Corporate Compliance Officer via established methods of communication.
As needed; may assist the Sterile Processing Department to receive, separate, decontaminate soiled surgical instruments, assemble, package surgical instruments and equipment for sterilization, and reassemble surgical instrument trays, according to Maple Grove Hospital's policy and procedures.
Interested? Here are our requirements
• Graduate from an accredited surgical technologist program.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• 1 year previous Surgical Tech experience required; Willing to consider, in lieu of experience a new grad surgical technologist that has successfully completed clinical experience requirement at Maple Grove Hospital.
• Ability to be calm and efficient during emergency situations.
• Solid PC skills to include MS applications, Internet, etc.
• Strong communication skills with demonstrated ability to express ideas and information (both in written and oral form), clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate to the audience.
• Demonstrated ability to deal with conflict in a positive manner. Has an awareness of, responds to, and considers the needs, feelings and capabilities of others.
• Ability to be accountable for quality customer service and respond appropriately to a variety of personalities and situations.
• Ability to maintain quality, safety, and infection control standards.
• Must be able to read, write and speak effectively in English.
• Current BLS certification required.
• Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) certification preferred.
Hours per two week pay period: 80
Shift: Day/Evening 8 & 12 hours
Weekend Requirement: Every 4th Weekend
Work Group: Maple Grove
Call Requirement: On/Off Premise Call
Remote or On-site: On-site
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt