About Maple Grove Hospital
At Maple Grove Hospital, you're welcomed into an inclusive, nurturing health family that treats customers, as well as one another, with compassion and respect. Empathy and care are at the heart of our culture which is designed to actively support wellbeing and growth. The strength of our team lies in our diversity, and we embrace the unique contributions and experiences of each person. Together, we create a healing environment that empowers customers to achieve their best health.
About this position
The Guest Services Representative is responsible for greeting visitors/arriving customers, providing directions, and escorting customers and families to their destinations, as time permits. Concurrently the Guest Services Representative is also responsible for accurately registering customers into the hospital system. Ensures customers are correctly identified and all appropriate information is recorded by obtaining and verifying customer identification, demographic and insurance information. Actively and consistently demonstrates the mission, vision, values and guiding principles of Maple Grove Hospital.
What we’ll expect from you
1. Conducts intake interviews to accurately register customers for admission within the hospital system.
2. Maintains flow of required registration information to the appropriate areas while maintaining customer confidentiality.
3. Obtains and witnesses required signatures in compliance with regulatory requirements, federal and state laws, and hospital policy and procedures.
4. Verifies insurance eligibility using online computer technology.
5. Performs verification of insurance benefits with payers to identify co-pay, deductible and co-insurance amounts.
6. Collects appropriate liabilities from customers via credit card, cash or check.
7. Maintains knowledge regarding the registration process to include insurance benefits, claims, payment procedures, Medicare benefits and requirements, consents for care, confidentiality, physician order information, HIPAA, OSHA, and DNV regulations.
8. Maintains registration process manually during technology system interruptions or power outages.
9. Conducts routine reception and clerical responsibilities to include filing, chart assembly, and report processing.
10. Runs reports and initiates corrective action as necessary to ensure accuracy and completeness of customer information.
11. Recognizes and complies with legal regulatory, accrediting and procedural requirements related to area of responsibility.
12. Understands and follows principles and standards as outlined in Maple Grove Hospital's Code of Conduct.
13. Protects customer and team member privacy and only accesses customer and/or team member related information as needed to perform job duties.
14. Reports violations or areas of concern to leader or Corporate Compliance Officer via established methods of communication.
15. Performs registration and/or check in functions in all areas of department when need as directed by supervisor or manager
Interested? Here are our requirements
• High school diploma or equivalent.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• 6+ month's clerical and/or customer service experience in a hospital, clinic or physician's office.
• 1+ years' scheduling or registration experience in a hospital, clinic, or physician's office preferred.
• Strong knowledge of medical terminology.
• Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
• Ability to handle stressful situations and maintain composure in presence of customers, families, guests, and team members.
• Effective planning, organizational and detail-oriented skills.
• Solid PC skills to include MS applications, Internet, etc.
• Strong communication skills with demonstrated ability to express ideas and information (both in written and oral form), clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate to the audience.
• Demonstrated ability to deal with conflict in a positive manner. Has an awareness of, responds to, and considers the needs, feelings and capabilities of others.
• Ability to be accountable for quality customer service and respond appropriately to a variety of personalities and situations.
• Ability to maintain quality, safety, and infection control standards.
• Must be able to read, write and speak effectively in English.
Licensure/Certification(s) Mandatory where Applicable
Hours per two week pay period: 64
Shift: Day/Evening 8 hours
Weekend Requirement: Every Other Weekend
Work Group: Maple Grove
Call Requirement: None
Remote or On-site: On-site
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt