A $1,000 sign-on bonus is available for this position. This bonus is paid out in one lump sum, minus any applicable taxes with a one-year commitment to the role. If employment is terminated before the one-year commitment is complete, full repayment of the $1,000 will be required.
About Maple Grove Hospital
At Maple Grove Hospital, you're welcomed into an inclusive, nurturing health family that treats customers, as well as one another, with compassion and respect. Empathy and care are at the heart of our culture which is designed to actively support wellbeing and growth. The strength of our team lies in our diversity, and we embrace the unique contributions and experiences of each person. Together, we create a healing environment that empowers customers to achieve their best health.
About this position
The Dietary Associate is responsible for providing excellent customer service while taking customer menu requests and communicating dietary information for use by kitchen personnel in the preparation of meals for hospitalized customers. Responsible for accurately identifying the customer to ensure they receive the proper diet and nutritional supplements. Follows diet manual guidelines, organizational and departmental policies and procedures. Effectively uses downtime to accomplish departmental tasks as assigned or recognized. Actively and consistently demonstrates the mission, vision, values and guiding principles of Maple Grove Hospital.
What we’ll expect from you
1. Answers the telephone to assist customers with menu selections according to specific diet orders, allergies, tolerances, preferences and departmental standards and procedures.
2. Follows meal selection guidelines.
3. Reviews diet orders and food allergies received from nursing units. Maintains records accurately during system outage (downtime).
4. Communicates with nursing and/or dietitian when diet discrepancies arise.
5. Communicates information to kitchen concerning meal changes, complaints, or customer discharge(s).
6. Informs dietitian when a customer has a question/concern or is not complying with diet or supplement order.
7. Calculates carbohydrate controlled diets following standards established by the diet manual and/or dietitian.
8. Assists in maintaining an adequate inventory of supplies in the diet office (menus, post-its, etc).
9. Completes other clerical projects as assigned.
10. Assists in assembling floor stock and stocking floors with food items.
11. Completes or performs customer rounding.
12. Assists with sanitation of kitchen and nutrition alcoves as assigned.
13. Assists with cold food preparation as needed.
14. Actively participates in orientating and training new team members and interns.
15. Must demonstrate proficiency in the skills outlined in the Dietary Associate skills checklist.
16. Recognizes and complies with legal regulatory, accrediting and procedural requirements related to area of responsibility.
17. Understands and follows principles and standards as outlined in Maple Grove Hospital’s Code of Conduct.
18. Protects customer and team member privacy and only accesses customer and/or team member related information as needed to perform job duties.
19. Reports violations or areas of concern to leader or Corporate Compliance Officer via established methods of communication.
Interested? Here are our requirements
• High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• 6+ months customer service experience, preferably in a food service environment.
• 1+ years' of work experience in food service with a concentration in nutrition/dietetics preferred.
• Solid PC skills to include MS applications, Internet, etc.
• Strong communication skills with demonstrated ability to express ideas and information (both in written and oral form), clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate to the audience.
• Demonstrated ability to deal with conflict in a positive manner. Has an awareness of, responds to, and considers the needs, feelings and capabilities of others.
• Ability to be accountable for quality customer service and respond appropriately to a variety of personalities and situations.
• Ability to maintain quality, safety, and infection control standards.
• Must be able to read, write and speak effectively in English.
Licensure/Certification(s) Mandatory where Applicable
Hours per two week pay period: 64
Shift: Day/Evening Variable
Scheduled Shift: 6A-2:30P Weekdays and 10A-6:30 Weekends
Weekend Requirement: Every Other Weekend
Work Group: Maple Grove
Call Requirement: None
Remote or On-site: On-site
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt