About this position
The Occupational Therapist is a member of the Rehabilitation Therapy team who evaluates the physical and/or cognitive needs of a customer, establishes a care plan and provides or directs the individualized care of a customer within the specific scope of practice. The desired outcome of care is typically to prevent further impairments, improve function and the ability to participate in activities in order to promote greater independence and reduce the need for further care. The Occupational Therapist also serves to educate the customer, their caregivers or family about their role in the care plan. Actively and consistently demonstrates the mission, vision, values and guiding principles of Maple Grove Hospital.
What we’ll expect from you
• Maintains licensure to provide Occupational Therapy care and remains current with community standards and evidence based tools and knowledge.
• Reviews queued or assigned evaluation and care orders for customer need and appropriate scope of practice, including chart review and discussion with other care team members as needed.
• Completes and documents an evaluation of customer needs and discusses findings with the customer, caregivers, family and/or other care team members as appropriate, utilizing appropriate standardized tools and practices.
• Develops, documents and implements a care plan within the Occupational Therapist scope of practice, Provides education and training to the customer, community caregivers and/or family members in order to maximize outcomes and reduce the need for further care.
• Provides a clear plan for discharge from Therapies care and collaborates with other interdisciplinary team members in order to transition customers to the next level of appropriate care.
• Documents therapy outcomes and promotes cost effective, value based care that exemplifies unmatched customer service.
• Recognizes customer needs beyond the evaluating therapist’s scope of practice and makes recommendations for appropriate referrals to other Therapies Center and interdisciplinary care.
• May participate in on call or other coverage arrangements based on defined practices and the team members' advanced skill set.
• Recognizes and complies with legal regulatory, accrediting and procedural requirements related to area of responsibility.
• Understands and follows principles and standards as outlined in Maple Grove Hospital’s Code of Conduct.
• Protects customer and team member privacy and only accesses customer and/or team member related information as needed to perform job duties.
• Reports violations or areas of concern to leader or Corporate Compliance Officer via established methods of communication.
Interested? Here are our requirements
• Baccalaureate degree from an accredited school of Occupational Therapy. Master’s or Doctorate preferred.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• A minimum of diagnostic group, hospital based acute care, inpatient rehabilitation care or outpatient neurological based clinical experience during training, residency or fellowship for new graduates. Demostrates entry level competency and skills.
• Advanced skills with specific, low incidence or high risk diagnostic groups, evaluation tools or treatment protocols is preferred. Additional certifications beyond liocensure are considered on a demand or organizational need basis.
• Strong communication skills with demonstrated ability to express ideas and information (both in written and oral form), clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate to the audience.
• Demonstrated ability to deal with conflict in a positive manner. Has an awareness of, responds to, and considers the needs, feelings and capabilities of others.
• Ability to be accountable for quality customer service and respond appropriately to a variety of personalities and situations.
• Ability to maintain quality, safety, and infection control standards.
• Must be able to read, write and speak effectively in English.
• Current NBCOT Certification
• Licensed to practice in the State of MN
• BLS Certification
Hours per two week pay period: 0
Shift: Day/Evening/Night Variable
Weekend Requirement: Occasional Weekends
Work Group: Maple Grove
Call Requirement: Occasional Call
Must be available 1 - 2 day shifts every two weeks.