About this position
The Nursing Assistant and Patient Flow Assistant shares both Nursing Assistant and Patient Flow Assistant job responsibilities.
Nursing Assistant: Responsible for assisting the care team by providing supportive, comforting and compassionate care to customers and families. Receives direction and collaborates with the care team to meet identified goals of the customer, shift, care center, and hospital. Regularly communicates with care team related to progress, concerns, questions, or issues that arise.
Patient Flow Assistant: Provides continuous care support to all individuals involved for each customer by performing reception and clerical activities and maintaining care center workflow for team member, physicians, customers, and families. Participates in the execution of Customer Safety Goals by ensuring Customer privacy and accuracy of customer identification, improving effectiveness of communication among care providers, and responding to customer alarms by alerting appropriate team member.
Duties may vary based on assignment of customer care units including but not limited to differences in clinical skilled required of the Nursing Assistant, variations in workflow and customer record management. Actively and consistently demonstrates the mission, vision, values and guiding principles of Maple Grove Hospital.
What we’ll expect from you
1. Monitors customer experience of care and safety through observation and collection of data.
2. Provides supportive, comforting and compassionate care to customers and families.
3. Communicates customer concerns and authorizations related to nursing interventions to assigned RN or Patient Care Facilitator.
4. Collaborates in the planning of customer care.
5. Performs treatments and procedures as required by customer care plan and within the defined scope of practice including; point of care testing.
6. Collaborates with customers, families and licensed care providers to encourage customer and family participation in developing care plan.
7. Facilitates and provides continuity of customer care by partnering with assigned physician, RN, customers, and other care providers.
8. Identifies and responds promptly and effectively to emergent situations.
9. Serves as an advocate for customers, families, peers, and other care providers.
In addition to Nursing Assistant responsibilities, this position is also accountable for responsibilities as a;
Patient Flow Assistant:
1. Facilitates the workflow of customer care by prioritizing work.
2. Coordinates communication to effectively support internal and external customers in the delivery of customer care.
3. Communicates pertinent information to the appropriate care team members.
4. Notifies physician, Patient Care Facilitator, RN or other care team member of STAT/now procedures and orders.
5. Maintains customer records by managing order transcription, filing information, ensuring customer identification on all forms, and thinning charts as needed.
6. Maintains and orders unit supplies.
Other Duties and Responsibilities in Family Birth Center Department
• Conducts intake interviews to accurately register customers for admission within the hospital system.
• Ensures customers are correctly identified and all appropriate information is recorded by obtaining and verifying customer identification, demographic and insurance information.
• Assists with customer care by greeting and escorting/transporting customers from triage /labor room.
• Recognizes and complies with legal regulatory, accrediting and procedural requirements related to area of responsibility.
• Understands and follows principles and standards as outlined in Maple Grove Hospital’s Code of Conduct.
• Protects customer and team member privacy and only accesses customer and/or team member related information as needed to perform job duties.
• Reports violations or areas of concern to leader or Corporate Compliance Officer via established methods of communication.
Interested? Here are our requirements
High school diploma or equivalent.
Must have one of the following:
• Successful completion of a Certified Nursing Assistant program from an accredited school or program, or equivalent certification, per care center area;
• Successful completion of state of MN administered certification exam for nursing assistants, and/or
• Completion of one (1) semester of clinical rotation within an accredited nursing program.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
• 1+ years’ nursing assistant experience in a clinic, hospital or nursing home setting preferred.
• 1+ years’ health unit coordinator, scheduling or registration experience in a hospital, clinic, or physician’s office preferred.
• Able to be anticipatory to the needs of the customer; to take initiative, be self-motivated and a proactive, independent, accountable, dependable performer.
• Demonstrated ability to positively interact with customers, families, guests, and all levels of team members.
• Solid PC skills to include MS applications, Internet, electronic medical record, etc.
• Strong communication skills with demonstrated ability to express ideas and information (both in written and oral form), clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate to the audience.
• Demonstrated ability to deal with conflict in a positive manner. Has an awareness of, responds to, and considers the needs, feelings and capabilities of others.
• Ability to be accountable for quality customer service and respond appropriately to a variety of personalities and situations.
• Ability to maintain quality, safety, and infection control standards.
• Must be able to read, write and speak effectively in English.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
• Knowledge of nursing theory and practice and primary care principles and practices.
• Ability to interpret cardiac telemetry rhythms and manage the electronic monitoring system.
• Current BLS required.
Hours per two week pay period: 60
Shift: Day/Night 12 hours
Weekend Requirement: Every 3rd Weekend
Work Group: Maple Grove
Call Requirement: Occasional Call