About this position
The Patient Care Facilitator (PCF) proactively directs customer care from shift to shift to ensure customers receive an exceptional experience of care. Primary accountabilities include care coordination, quality, and customer and family satisfaction. The PCF effectively allocates resources by assuring appropriate customer assignments, staffing and scheduling and provides direct customer care as needed. Actively and consistently demonstrates the mission, vision, values and guiding principles of Maple Grove Hospital.
What we’ll expect from you
Areas of Focus and Accountability:
Care Coordination: Synthesizes customer care information necessary to facilitate customer progression, identifies and addresses barriers to discharge, understands level of family support and potential needs on discharge, verbalizes customer needs related to care progression on an ongoing basis, and facilitates discussion that addresses customer unmet needs with interdisciplinary partners in care. Oversees customer flow throughout the continuum. Assures the interdisciplinary customer plan of care is complete and reflects the goals for progression. Mentors and guides staff to actively support the plan for timely discharge.
Quality: Assumes accountability for achieving completion of quality metrics and core measures. Serves as content experts for delivering best practice related to key quality indicators and core measures. Serves on key Quality teams and proactively strives towards increasing the knowledge of front-line staff through 1:1 conversations and unit education. Validates staff understanding and the quality of care that customers receive through discussion, audits, and observation. Leads the unit response to opportunities for improvement.
Customer Satisfaction: Understands customer and family satisfaction through meaningful conversation and relationships. Rounding is consistent and intentional, seeking feedback and proactively addressing needs focusing on the customer and family experience. Takes ownership for the customer experience in customer care area and across departments and collaborates with other departments as opportunities are indentified. As a leader, fully understands the customer satisfaction scores and areas of focus. Proactively takes opportunities to close the gap and coach’s staff on behaviors that will influence positive changes. Inspires others to provide the best customer experience in the nation, modeling the way, and encouraging the heart.
1. Aligns with leadership to own unit practice and processes, support strategic direction, and demonstrate core values that are essential to sustaining and nurturing a culture that is customer centric and delivers customer care as it “ought to be.”
2. Manages daily operation of customer care area; maintains flexibility in assuring all customer care requirements are appropriately met. Maintains an awareness of the big picture and flow of the unit.
3. Schedules customer care staff according to scheduling protocol and guidelines. Is a steward of resources, and takes the opportunity to do things differently that is customer centric, productive and efficient.
4. Participates in interviewing, selection and hiring of new staff; orients new staff. Uses our core values as the beacon for behaviors and models these consistently when mentoring and coaching new and existing staff.
5. Develops others, seeking to understand staff aspirations, goals, and supports ongoing staff engagement as demonstrated in daily interactions and practice.
6. Participates in the performance review process of customer care staff; identifies process and staff efficiencies and opportunities for improvement. Is clear, honest and concise with ongoing feedback in a professional and respectful manner.
7. Coordinates equipment and repair needs. Takes ownership for unit readiness and communicates needs as appropriate.
8. Synthesizes customer care information and proactively ensures individualization of plan of care, including ongoing education needs and pain management. Uses the nursing process to ensure comprehensive, goal focused care, and that customers are discharged with resolved customer care needs.
9. Develops and communicates the care plan and interventions based on available evidence/research data coupled with caring and compassion.
10. Partners with customers, families, peers, and other care providers to deliver continuity of customer care. Initiates collaborative review of the plan when continuity is disrupted.
11. Champions individualized customer safety and ensures that quality outcomes are achieved.
12. Evaluates safety, effectiveness, availability, and cost when opting between practice options that will deliver the same customer outcome.
13. Identifies and responds promptly to emergency situations.
14. Serves as an advocate for customers, families, peers, and other care providers.
15. Evaluates quality and effectiveness of care provided to the customer and promotes quality improvement and shared accountability.
16. Contributes to the financial effectiveness of the hospital by working to drive unit and facility stewardship.
17. Recognizes and complies with legal regulatory, accrediting and procedural requirements related to area of responsibility.
18. Understands and follows principles and standards as outlined in Maple Grove Hospital’s Code of Conduct.
19. Protects customer and team member privacy and only accesses customer and/or team member related information as needed to perform job duties.
20. Reports violations or areas of concern to leader or Corporate Compliance Officer via established methods of communication.
Interested? Here are our requirements
• Associates Degree in Nursing; Bachelor's Degree in nursing preferred.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• 3-5 years nursing experience in a hospital setting. Previous experience in a leadership role preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain composure in high stress situations; acts quickly in response to critical situations.
• Previous experience and participation in care coordination and quality management activities preferred.
• Solid PC skills to include electronic medical record, MS applications, etc.
• Strong communication skills with demonstrated ability to express ideas and information (both in written and oral form), clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate to the audience.
• Demonstrated ability to deal with conflict in a positive manner. Has an awareness of, responds to, and considers the needs, feelings and capabilities of others.
• Ability to be accountable for quality customer service and respond appropriately to a variety of personalities and situations.
• Ability to maintain quality, safety, and infection control standards.
• Must be able to read, write and speak effectively in English.
• Current licensure and registration as an RN in the State of MN.
• Current BLS certification for all areas of nursing practice required.
Licensure/Certification(s) Mandatory where Applicable
• Current certification required for the following areas of nursing practice:
Medical Care Center - ACLS
• Current certification preferred for the following areas of nursing practice:
Medical Care Center – Medical/Surgical Certification; Orthopedic Certification
Hours per two week pay period: 72
Shift: Evening/Night 12 hours
Weekend Requirement: Occasional Weekends
Work Group: Maple Grove
Call Requirement: Occasional Call