About this position
The Dietary Associate is responsible for providing excellent customer service while taking customer menu requests and communicating dietary information for use by kitchen personnel in the preparation of meals for hospitalized customers. Responsible for accurately identifying the customer to ensure they receive the proper diet and nutritional supplements. Follows diet manual guidelines, organizational and departmental policies and procedures. Effectively uses downtime to accomplish departmental tasks as assigned or recognized. Actively and consistently demonstrates the mission, vision, values and guiding principles of Maple Grove Hospital.
What we’ll expect from you
1. Answers the telephone to assist customers with menu selections according to specific diet orders, allergies, tolerances, preferences and departmental standards and procedures.
2. Follows meal selection guidelines.
3. Reviews diet orders and food allergies received from nursing units. Maintains records accurately during system outage (downtime).
4. Communicates with nursing and/or dietitian when diet discrepancies arise.
5. Communicates information to kitchen concerning meal changes, complaints, or customer discharge(s).
6. Informs dietitian when a customer has a question/concern or is not complying with diet or supplement order.
7. Calculates carbohydrate controlled diets following standards established by the diet manual and/or dietitian.
8. Assists in maintaining an adequate inventory of supplies in the diet office (menus, post-its, etc).
9. Completes other clerical projects as assigned.
10. Assists in assembling floor stock and stocking floors with food items.
11. Completes or performs customer rounding.
12. Assists with sanitation of kitchen and nutrition alcoves as assigned.
13. Assists with cold food preparation as needed.
14. Actively participates in orientating and training new team members and interns.
15. Must demonstrate proficiency in the skills outlined in the Dietary Associate skills checklist.
16. Recognizes and complies with legal regulatory, accrediting and procedural requirements related to area of responsibility.
17. Understands and follows principles and standards as outlined in Maple Grove Hospital’s Code of Conduct.
18. Protects customer and team member privacy and only accesses customer and/or team member related information as needed to perform job duties.
19. Reports violations or areas of concern to leader or Corporate Compliance Officer via established methods of communication.
Interested? Here are our requirements
• High School diploma or equivalent; Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Dietetics from program accredited by the Commission of Dietetics Education (CADE) or equivalent preferred. Experience may be substituted for part of educational qualifications as appropriate.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• 6+ months customer service experience, preferably in a food service environment.
• 1+ years' of work experience in food service with a concentration in nutrition/dietetics preferred.
• Solid PC skills to include MS applications, Internet, etc.
• Strong communication skills with demonstrated ability to express ideas and information (both in written and oral form), clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate to the audience.
• Demonstrated ability to deal with conflict in a positive manner. Has an awareness of, responds to, and considers the needs, feelings and capabilities of others.
• Ability to be accountable for quality customer service and respond appropriately to a variety of personalities and situations.
• Ability to maintain quality, safety, and infection control standards.
• Must be able to read, write and speak effectively in English.
Hours per two week pay period: 16
Shift: Day/Evening 8 hours
Weekend Requirement: Every Other Weekend
Work Group: Maple Grove
Call Requirement: None