About this position
The Nursing Assistant is responsible for assisting the care team by providing supportive, comforting and compassionate care to customers and families. Receives direction and collaborates with the care team to meet identified goals of the customer, shift, care center, and hospital. Regularly communicates with care team related to progress, concerns, questions, or issues that arise. Duties may vary based on the assigned customer care center and may include differences in clinical skills required of the Nursing Assistant. Actively and consistently demonstrates the mission, vision, values and guiding principles of Maple Grove Hospital.
What we’ll expect from you
1. Monitors customer care experience and safety through observation, collection of data and documents accurately and promptly.
2. Promotes and maintains a safe environment including infection prevention practices, i.e. hand hygiene, and accountability of self and others.
3. Provides supportive, comforting and compassionate care to customers and families.
4. Communicates customer concerns and authorizations related to nursing interventions to assigned RN or Customer Care Facilitator.
5. Collaborates in the planning of customer care.
6. Performs treatments and procedures as required by customer care plan and within the defined scope of practice including; point of care testing.
7. Collaborates with customers, families and licensed care providers to encourage customer and family participation in developing care plan.
8. Provides continuity of customer care by partnering with assigned physician, RN, customers, and other care providers.
9. Identifies and responds promptly and effectively to emergent situations.
10. Serves as an advocate for customers, families, peers, and other care providers.
11. Recognizes and complies with legal regulatory, accrediting and procedural requirements related to area of responsibility.
12. Understands and follows principles and standards as outlined in Maple Grove Hospital’s Code of Conduct.
13. Protects customer and team member privacy and only accesses customer and/or team member related information as needed to perform job duties.
14. Reports violations or areas of concern to leader or Corporate Compliance Officer via established methods of communication.
Interested? Here are our requirements
High school diploma or equivalent.
Must have one of the following:
• Successful completion of a Certified Nursing Assistant program from an accredited school or program, or equivalent certification per care center area;
• Successful completion of state of MN administered certification exam for nursing assistants; and/or
• Completion of one (1) semester of clinical rotation within an accredited nursing program.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
• 1+ years’ nursing assistant experience in a clinic, hospital or nursing home setting preferred.
• Ability to be anticipatory to the needs of the customer; to take initiative, be self-motivated and a proactive, independent, accountable, dependable performer.
• Strong communication skills with demonstrated ability to express ideas and information (both in written and oral form), clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate to the audience.
• Demonstrated ability to deal with conflict in a positive manner. Has an awareness of, responds to, and considers the needs, feelings and capabilities of others.
• Ability to be accountable for quality customer service and respond appropriately to a variety of personalities and situations.
• Ability to maintain quality, safety, and infection control standards.
• Must be able to read, write and speak effectively in English.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
• Knowledge of nursing theory and practice and primary care principles and practices.
• Current BLS certification required.
Hours per two week pay period: 0
Shift: Day/Evening/Night Variable
Weekend Requirement: Occasional Weekends
Work Group: Maple Grove
Call Requirement: Occasional Call