About this position
The Lead Biomedical Technician acts as lead technical resource for medical equipment management. Performs equipment maintenance, application, safety, pre-purchase evaluations and in-service education on a variety of medical equipment and systems. Provides technical input on equipment selection and replacement projects. Collects program data and provides reports as directed. Actively and consistently demonstrates the mission, vision, values and guiding principles of Maple Grove Hospital.
What we’ll expect from you
1. Performs scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, installation, calibration, and evaluations of medical equipment and systems.
2. Provides complete and timely documentation of equipment maintenance activities and of work performed in equipment management software program.
3. Provides technical assistance and instruction on safe equipment function, operation and maintenance to other hospital team members.
4. Determines the need for and coordinates vendor service on equipment when necessary.
5. Works effectively with team colleagues and other key partners to execute divisional and/or departmental initiatives and day-to-day operations.
6. Understands, tracks and focuses the team on metrics that measure key business outcomes.
7. Manages equipment preventative maintenance schedule and ensures accurate documentation in asset management system.
8. Completes Equipment Incoming inspections and ongoing maintenance strategy development.
9. Assists in purchasing, recommendations, and evaluation of equipment needs.
10. Completes equipment Recall/Device Alert response.
11. Completes equipment incident/safety first evaluations.
12. Provides contract management support for service.
13. Provides project support for Medical Equipment Technology assessments.
14. Provides EMR equipment integration support (in collaboration with IT).
15. Assists in capital equipment replacement planning and lifecycle management.
16. Maintains membership on the Safety Committee, Physical Environment Committee, and Product Evaluations Committee.
17. Maintains regulatory documentation including Medical Equipment Management Plan and QMS scorecard data.
18. Team member is accountable to demonstrate proficiency for the skills outlined in knowledge, skill, and ability requirements. Team member is accountable to maintaining skill proficiency, including improvement where deemed necessary, and upgrading any additional or new skills on the appropriate to the position.
19. Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
20. Recognizes and complies with legal regulatory, accrediting and procedural requirements related to area of responsibility.
21. Understands and follows principles and standards as outlined in Maple Grove Hospital’s Code of Conduct.
22. Protects customer and team member privacy and only accesses customer and/or team member related information as needed to perform job duties.
23. Reports violations or areas of concern to leader or Corporate Compliance Officer via established methods of communication.
Interested? Here are our requirements
• Graduate from a Biomedical or Clinical equipment technician course or equivalent. Experience may be substituted for part of education qualifications as appropriate.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Five years of Biomedical equipment repair experience, preferably in a healthcare setting.
• Ability to formulate and implement cost effective solutions to various problems in clinical engineering
• Excellent trouble shooting and diagnostic skills and ability to define problems, and resolve them quickly
• Computer literate with experience in Windows applications and databases.
• Good judgment and integrity.
• Ability to work as a team member as well as the ability to work independently.
• Strong communication skills with demonstrated ability to express ideas and information (both in written and oral form), clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate to the audience.
• Demonstrated ability to deal with conflict in a positive manner. Has an awareness of, responds to, and considers the needs, feelings and capabilities of others.
• Ability to be accountable for quality customer service and respond appropriately to a variety of personalities and situations.
• Ability to maintain quality, safety, and infection control standards.
• Must be able to read, write and speak effectively in English.
• Valid class D driver’s license in state of residency with acceptable driving record to operate hospital vehicles.
Hours per two week pay period: 80
Shift: Days 8 hours
Weekend Requirement: None
Work Group: Maple Grove
Call Requirement: Occasional Call