About this position
The Environmental Services Aide is responsible for providing a clean and safe environment for customers, families, team members, and guests. Actively and consistently demonstrates the mission, vision, values and guiding principles of Maple Grove Hospital.
What we’ll expect from you
1. Maintains a clean and safe environment in the areas including but not limited to: Intensive Care Center (ICC), Family Birth Center, Therapies, Surgical Services (SS), Emergency Care Center (ECC), and Imaging to include customer rooms, public areas, nurses' stations, utility rooms, general offices, and public and private bathrooms.
2. Cleans assigned areas by high dusting, trash and soiled linen collection, disinfects and sanitizes hard surface areas and bathrooms, mops floors, vacuums, and spot washes carpets, walls and windows. Operates floor cleaning equipment for cleaning of corridors.
3. Linen distribution including exchange cart building and maintaining an organized linen supply room.
4. Ensures timely turnover of customer rooms by cleaning and remaking beds upon customer discharge or room transfer.
5. Handles and disposes of waste including bio-hazardous materials, sharps containers, linens, and recyclable materials.
6. Maintains supplies in customer and public areas to include disposable gloves, hand soap, sanitizers and paper products.
7. Maintains required department documentation.
8. Partners with team members to ensure proper coverage of all areas.
9. Recognizes and complies with legal regulatory, accrediting and procedural requirements related to area of responsibility.
10. Understands and follows principles and standards as outlined in Maple Grove Hospital's Code of Conduct.
11. Protects customer and team member privacy and only accesses customer and/or team member related information as needed to perform job duties.
12. Reports violations or areas of concern to leader or Corporate Compliance Officer via established methods of communication.
Interested? Here are our requirements
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Housekeeping experience in a healthcare environment preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to handle chemicals safely.
• Strong communication skills with demonstrated ability to express ideas and information (both in written and oral form), clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate to the audience.
• Demonstrated ability to deal with conflict in a positive manner. Has an awareness of, responds to, and considers the needs, feelings and capabilities of others.
• Ability to be accountable for quality customer service and respond appropriately to a variety of personalities and situations.
• Ability to maintain quality, safety, and infection control standards.
• Must be able to read, write and speak effectively in English.
Hours per two week pay period: 48
Shift: Day/Evening 8 hours
Weekend Requirement: Every Other Weekend
Work Group: Maple Grove
Call Requirement: Occasional Call
Scheduled Shift: 11:30A- 8P