About this position
The MRI Technologist utilizes magnetic resonance imaging scanners to capture specific images ordered by a physician to aid in customer diagnosis. Must be able to closely follow physicians' instructions, prepare and operate MRI equipment, position customers correctly, and effectively record the requested diagnostic images. Actively and consistently demonstrates the mission, vision, values and guiding principles of Maple Grove Hospital.
What we’ll expect from you
1. Ensures that MRI equipment is properly set up; that proper medical and non-medical supplies are stocked in the examination room; that the examination room is clean and orderly.
2. Evaluates the request for proper examination and verify customer identity against examination orders and ensure proper customer identification on all images.
3. Informs the customer on proper examination attire and obtains customer history from customer and/or appropriate family member or guardian.
4. Explains MRI procedures to customers, informing them of the steps of the examination, and responds to questions and concerns.
5. Selects software options and imaging parameters when adjusting MRI machine as appropriate.
6. Views images and keeps records of the results.
7. Continues to educate by keeping abreast of changes in practice, technology, etc. and keeping up with policy changes.
8. Maintains competency in caring for customers of all age groups and developmental stages, and maintains competency as specifically indicated by orientation guidelines for a particular unit.
9. Recognizes and complies with legal regulatory, accrediting and procedural requirements related to area of responsibility.
10. Understands and follows principles and standards as outlined in Maple Grove Hospital's Code of Conduct.
11. Protects customer and team member privacy and only accesses customer and/or team member related information as needed to perform job duties.
12. Reports violations or areas of concern to leader or Corporate Compliance Officer via established methods of communication.
Interested? Here are our requirements
• Must have graduated from an accredited radiology technology school.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Two+ years prior MRI technologist experience preferred.
• Ability to take initiative, be self-motivated and an independent, accountable, dependable performer.
• Demonstrated ability to interact with customers, families, guests, and all levels of team members.
• Ability to be accountable for quality customer service and respond appropriately to a variety of personalities and situations.
• Strong communication skills with demonstrated ability to express ideas and information clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate to the audience.
• Effective planning, organizational and detail-oriented skills.
• Demonstrated ability to deal with conflict in a positive manner. Has an awareness of, responds to, and considers the needs, feelings and capabilities of others.
• Ability to maintain quality, safety, and infection control standards.
• Solid PC skills to include MS applications, Internet, etc.
• Must be able to read, write and speak effectively in English. • Demonstrated high level of knowledge of cross-sectional anatomy such as the head, thorax, and abdomen.
• Must be ARRT certified in MRI or eligible within one year of hire.
• BLS certification required.
Hours per two week pay period: 0
Shift: Day/Evening/Night 8 & 12 hours
Weekend Requirement: None
Work Group: Maple Grove
Call Requirement: None