About this position
The Materials Transport Aide is responsible for the safe transfer and transporting of customers, materials, and equipment throughout the hospital. Actively and consistently demonstrates the mission, vision, values and guiding principles of Maple Grove Hospital.
What we’ll expect from you
1. Verifies requests and replenishes PAR inventory levels in nursing PAR areas ensuring appropriate levels are maintained for daily operations.
2. Prepares chargeable supplies for dispensing and distribution.
3. Accepts and fills supply requests via Lawson handhelds; restocks disposable products, trays and supplies as needed.
4. Delivers PAR supplies according to priority.
5. Maintains assigned PAR areas according to bin locations.
6. Prepares mobile medical equipment for relief shift use including UHS pumps and IV poles in the absence of the contractor.
7. Verifies product expiration dates and rotates products to prevent outdating; checks package integrity and removes or replaces damaged or expired items.
8. Transports equipment and materials as needed.
9. Transports customers using a wheelchair or cart throughout the hospital in a manner conducive to customer safety and comfort; escorts customers at time of discharge from room to vehicle.
10. Transports customers to tests, procedures, assigned room. Transporting includes, but is not limited to, assisting customers to prepare for transport, assisting customers into/out of bed, assisting customers into/out of wheelchair/cart, and providing safe/timely transportation to predetermined locations.
11. Transfers and/or assists department staff in transferring customers to/from beds, carts and wheelchairs.
12. Assists with cleaning of equipment and maintenance of department pertaining to transports.
13. Restocking and updating product by their expiration dates for all crash carts (Neonatal, Breslow and Adult).
14. Recognizes and complies with legal regulatory, accrediting and procedural requirements related to area of responsibility.
15. Understands and follows principles and standards as outlined in Maple Grove Hospital's Code of Conduct.
16. Protects customer and team member privacy and only accesses customer and/or team member related information as needed to perform job duties.
17. Reports violations or areas of concern to leader or Corporate Compliance Officer via established methods of communication.
For team members trained in the emergency evacuation process:
1. Assists in the emergency evacuation process by safely transporting customers using an evacuation chair.
Interested? Here are our requirements
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• 1+ years' experience in inventory control or related experience preferred.
• Personal care attendant experience, CNA, or other customer care experience preferred.
• Medical terminology experience preferred.
• High level of customer service and communication skills to provide customer comfort and satisfaction.
• Strong communication skills with demonstrated ability to express ideas and information (both in written and oral form), clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate to the audience.
• Demonstrated ability to deal with conflict in a positive manner. Has an awareness of, responds to, and considers the needs, feelings and capabilities of others.
• Ability to be accountable for quality customer service and respond appropriately to a variety of personalities and situations.
• Ability to maintain quality, safety, and infection control standards.
• Must be able to read, write and speak effectively in English.
• Current BLS certification required.
Hours per two week pay period: 56
Shift: Day/Evening 8 hours
Weekend Requirement: Every 3rd Weekend
Work Group: Maple Grove
Call Requirement: None