About this position
The Recruiter provides professional support to leadership by coordinating the full lifecycle recruitment process (planning, sourcing, screening, hiring, and onboarding) of team members to identify and acquire the best talent needed to meet the hospital’s operating and strategic plans. Actively and consistently demonstrates the mission, vision, values and guiding principles of Maple Grove Hospital. Must be a positive enthusiastic ambassador of Maple Grove Hospital.
What we’ll expect from you
1. Develops and refines team member recruitment strategies/programs and drives recruitment process for the hospital.
2. Partners with the Sr. Recruiter and department leadership to strategize on recruiting plans; posts approved requisitions, reviews resumes, conducts screening interviews, sets up in-person interview appointments with leaders, and makes contingent offers of employment to successful candidates.
3. Supports and assists the HR Coordinator with the on-boarding process as needed. Collaborates on the development and on-going enhancements to the on-boarding process, including updating materials, etc.
4. Coordinates staff additions, moves, and changes to include processing new or replacement requisitions, ensuring new hires are routed through the ATS system, communicating system and property access as needed, etc.
5. Proactively partners with department leadership to determine staff hiring needs and strategize effective and efficient approach to meet those needs.
6. Collaborates with department leadership to improve applicant quality, cost per hire and time to fill, when possible.
7. Consults/advises department leadership regarding sourcing, to include sources for diversity as an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
8. Provides recruitment and selection training and guidance to department leadership.
9. Administers web-based recruiting and sourcing tools.
10. Conducts on-going analyses of workplace trends or program needs, such as recruiting costs, cost of distributing materials, etc.
11. Retains recruiting documentation according to the department’s retention and destruction system.
12. Researches and introduces new methods and resources to better target high potential candidates.
13. Utilizes social media to source passive candidates and advertise opportunities.
14. Build talent pipeline through sourcing and networking for hard-to-fill openings and to support backfill strategies.
15. Works in collaboration with education on the Nurse Residency and other development plans.
16. Recognizes and complies with legal regulatory, accrediting and procedural requirements related to area of responsibility.
17. Understands and follows principles and standards as outlined in Maple Grove Hospital’s Code of Conduct.
18. Protects customer and team member privacy and only accesses customer and/or team member related information as needed to perform job duties.
19. Reports violations or areas of concern to leader or Corporate Compliance Officer via established methods of communication.
Interested? Here are our requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business, or related field. Experience may be substituted for part of educational qualifications as appropriate.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Two+ years previous recruiting experience; previous health care recruiting experience highly preferred.
• Prior application of recruitment techniques and best-practice methods including behavior-based interview methods.
• Applied knowledge of employment-related legal requirements, including EEO, AAP, etc.
• Superior problem-solving skills and experience with a demonstrated ability to work with confidential information.
• Effective planning, organizational and detail-oriented skills.
• Ability to take initiative, be self-motivated and an independent, accountable, dependable performer.
• Solid PC skills to include MS applications, Internet, applicant tracking system, etc.
• Demonstrated ability to interact with a diverse population.
• Demonstrated ability to deal with conflict in a positive manner. Has an awareness of, responds to, and considers the needs, feelings and capabilities of others.
• Strong communication skills with demonstrated ability to express ideas and information clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate to the audience.
• Ability to maintain quality, safety, and infection control standards.
• Ability to be accountable for quality customer service and respond appropriately to a variety of personalities and situations.
• Must be able to read, write and speak effectively in English.
• HR Certification Preferred
Hours per two week pay period: 0
Shift: Day/Eves Variable
Weekend Requirement: None
Work Group: Maple Grove
Call Requirement: None