About this position
Provides oversight, management and supervision of facility operations, including maintenance of equipment, buildings and property. Plans, budgets and schedules facility modifications including estimates on equipment, labor materials and other related costs. Actively and consistently demonstrates the mission, vision, values and guiding principles of Maple Grove Hospital.
What we’ll expect from you
1. Manages facility operations for the Maple Grove Campus, which includes Maple Grove Hospital, North Memorial Ambulatory Surgery Center and the Medical Office Building.
2. Provides leadership to the department through effective organization, direction of activities, and appropriate delegation of functions.
3. Recommends and implements operational changes to improve service, productivity, quality and/or financial performance.
4. Manages and implements initiatives that ensure compliance with standards of practice and accreditation requirements.
5. Works in partnership with construction, project management, and architectural firms on hospital expansion activities; serves on construction and facility planning committees, etc. to ensure understanding of expansion’s
effect on facility operations and follow through on identified requirements.
6. Chairs Facility and Space Planning Projects Committee.
7. Monitors equipment and systems and responds appropriately to alarms and adverse conditions.
8. Monitors service work and boiler inspection logs.
9. Plans, budgets, and schedules facility modifications, including cost estimates.
10. Develops policies and procedures for maintenance, repair, and other department-specific requirements.
11. Schedules and coordinates service activities with vendors. Ensures vendors are compliant with hospital educational, regulatory, and vaccination requirements.
12. Achieves Facilities department financial performance objectives. Manages financial performance in accordance with budget parameters and directs the development of capital and operating budgets. Directs Facilities department financial support activities, i.e. forecasting, pricing, billing, coding and documentation.
13. Coordinates purchasing, receiving and inventory control functions for equipment, supplies, and furniture.
14. Oversees and directs preventive maintenance of facility equipment, including HVAC, boilers, chillers, etc.; interior and exterior signage; property maintenance, including snow removal and landscaping, etc.
15. Manages Facilities team. Provides on-going team member performance feedback and creates a hospital values-based work environment.
16. Oversees the orientation, education and training of Facilities staff including function-specific competencies and accreditation educational requirements. Collaborates with education support function to assure development and
maintenance of superior team member competence.
17. Attends and complies with regulatory requires of the Safety Committee.
18. Recognizes and complies with legal regulatory, accrediting and procedural requirements related to area of responsibility.
19. Understands and follows principles and standards as outlined in Maple Grove Hospital’s Code of Conduct.
20. Protects customer and team member privacy and only accesses customer and/or team member related information as needed to perform job duties.
21. Reports violations or areas of concern to leader or Corporate Compliance Officer via established methods of communication.
Interested? Here are our requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering field. Experience may be substituted for part of education qualifications as appropriate.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Minimum of 5 years experience, preferably in a healthcare setting, in building maintenance and operations, HVAC service, boiler and chiller plant operations, at least two of which are involved with management/supervisory and leadership.
• Experience managing biomedical service line preferred.
• Strong communication skills with demonstrated ability to express ideas and information (both in written and oral form), clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate to the audience.
• Demonstrated ability to deal with conflict in a positive manner. Has an awareness of, responds to, and considers the needs, feelings and capabilities of others.
• Strong customer service skills with ability to respond appropriately to a variety of personalities and situations.
• Effective leader with strategic orientation; superior judgment and disciplined decision-making approach, analytical, problem solving, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
• Excellent planning, organizational, project, time management, multi-tasking, prioritizing, oral and written communication skills. Proven ability to plan, manage, and execute projects.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, team-oriented approach and ability to establish rapport quickly and collaborate effectively.
• Ability to build, maintain and manage relationships and partnerships within departments & industry.
• Self-starter; highly motivated with the ability to work independently and/or collaboratively.
• Ability to maintain quality, safety, and infection control standards.
• Solid PC skills to include MS applications, Internet, etc.
• Must be able to read, write and speak effectively in English.
• Chief C, State of MN Boilers License.
• CFC certification.
• Valid class D driver’s license in state of residency with acceptable driving record to operate hospital vehicles.
Hours per two week pay period: 80
Shift: Days 8 hours
Weekend Requirement: None
Work Group: Maple Grove
Call Requirement: None